9% - , 75cl
The beautiful Aberfeldy Distillery was opened in 1898 by John Dewar and Sons. It sits on the banks of the River Tay, it is also situated by the local railway line which provided a door-to-door link to other areas of the UK. The water source is the local Pitillie Burn and the distillery produces around 2,100,000 litres of whisky every year. The spirit made at this distillery is a major contributor to the very popular Dewars blended whiskies.Robert Burns wrote a famous poem about Aberfeldy called ‘The Banks of Aberfeldy’ and as someone who appreciated a wee dram he would have sampled the wonderful whisky from this distillery.