9% - , 75cl
Very concentrated and soft, this has deep black fruit flavours with some savoury herbal.
The name Fonréaud, which stems from a legend, is located on the rooftop of the Médoc, making it an exceptional estate.
“Fonréaud”, called “Font-réaux” in centuries gone by, means “Royal Fountain”. Legend has it that in the 12th century, the King of England and husband of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry II Plantagenet, stopped here to quench his thirst and drank from a spring of cool water. The spring still exists in our park today.
The cellars were built in the 17th century, then modified over time. The Chateau replaced the original farm building when then owner Henri Le Blanc de Mauvezin decided to build it in 1850.
The Chateau was built to the plans of Bordeaux architect Garros and completed in 1855. Its very elegant architecture appeals to visitors.